Anytime you get injured or harmed from a product that you believe is defective, here are some of the things you need to do:
- You need to gather and preserve evidence.
- Take pictures of the scene as soon as possible without any alterations if possible.
- Take pictures of your injuries
- You need to preserve the product.
- Gather all of the manuals and instructions that came with the product including the box and advertising materials that came with the product.
- Gather the receipt and any information you have on the retailer.
Preservation of evidence, including the scene, can be critical in proving a products liability case.